Sunday, December 21, 2014

December Stitch from Stash, Reflections and Goals for Next Year

     First I want to thank Mel for her hosting this stitch a long. I can't imagine how much time she has devoted to it. Keeping track of how much everyone spent and reading everyone's blog post was a huge endeavor.
      As I mentioned in my last post, this is my skip month. I bought some fabric, threads and patterns for my stitching for next year. I haven't done much stitching this month, but I have spent time organizing my cross stitch supplies- not done yet- but progressing.
 
Reflections On Stitch From Stash for the year:
     My goal was to finish three projects- The Quiltmaker, Pretty Pumpkins, and Christmas Spirit, this I did. The other goal was to save money by stitching from stash- oops not so much. I learned that while I have plenty of patterns- I don't have much of a stash of fabrics or threads. I did spend more this year than I have in the past, however now I have some pretty fabrics to use.
     I visited many of the blogs of others who did Stitch from Stash and found a number that I enjoy following their stitching journeys. 

Goals for 2015: Finish Halloween House, start and work on the Disney Castle by Thomas Kinkade
(I finally found fabric I like) and start a new series by Stoney Creek- their Christmas block of the month from earlier this year. 

   After much thought and going back and forth I decided not to join Stitch From Stash for 2015. As I looked back on this year there was something missing- my quilting projects were put by the wayside. My sewing machine had hardly any use. While I plan to continue to work on my cross stitch projects- this year I will concentrate on finishing my quilting projects. Also in 2015 for the first time in a long time my quilting guild is having a teacher come who's classes I want to take. I need to practice my rusty quilting skills to be ready for her class.

Once again thank you Mel for the time you put into SFS. Although I won't officially be part of next year's group I will be following along and doing my own SFS for my quilting.


6 comments:

  1. Stopped by to say CONGRATULATIONS on your year end win for SFS 2014! I understand why aren't going to do the 2015 SFS, but still YAY for the win!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carla, Thanks so much for the congratulations. I was so surprised when I saw the email

      Delete
  2. Congrats on winning SFS this year! WooHoo!! I've been reading back over some of your posts. I love the Stay at Home Retreat idea!! I'll have to try that this year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. Graceworks, Thanks for looking at my blog and the congrats. When I see how much stitching retreats cost-I just think about how much stash could be bought instead.

      Delete
  3. Hey Shirley, Just found your blog thru Mel's site. Congrats on the win and I look forward to see what you will be working on in the new year! Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the congrats. I have picked out my projects for next year and will post about them on Jan 1.

      Delete