Sunday, June 21, 2009

No new quilting blocks done this week, so I thought I'd show my cross stitch projects:

First is "The Quiltmaker" by L&L. Not much to show.




Next is "Halloween Fairy" By Nora Corbett. The design is better know as "Trick or Treat Fairy" or TOTF. A lot more done on her. I am currently doing the metallic threads. Then a little back stitching then the beads.
The design is in Cross-Stitch and Needlework September 2008 issue.




This is the first design I've done by Nora Corbett. I have another design by her which I am starting to kit. Victorian Christmas Eve, which is in a different issue of Cross-Stitch and Needlework. I have a feeling I'll be getting more of her designs.

The last project in my rotation is "Queen of the Needle" by Just Nan. I've started and stopped this design so many times. I love the design, but not so much the fabric. I wanted to do it in purple/lavender. I first decided to dye my own fabric a light purple, but that wasn't right so I bought a linen- Provence Lavender. I tried using the DMC Perle white cotton size eight-for the lacy looking part at the top- it was too thick so I tried the twelve- too thin. ( I'm beginning to sound like Goldilocks). I tried Soie Perlee that she recommended but it didn't seem right either. I bought a different lavender fabric. Still not happy. I saw that someone used a light pink fabric and instead of using white in the corners-she used pink. I liked the way it looked. I think that I will look at doing something similar.
Mostly this week I am working on other things-(fixing the coffee table, mowing the yard, trimming trees, hemming pants, figuring out the digital TV change). Hopefully next week those projects will be done and I can get back to stitching.
Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment