Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Stitch From Stash March 2014

Just a quick post to update the Stitch from Stash for March. I just got back from vacation and I haven't had time to take any pictures of my projects- hopefully this weekend.

I actually spent some money this month:
      I brought Pretty Pumpkins with me on vacation and was finishing up the backstitching when I discovered that I was missing a floss. Since for me finishing was more important I went to Michaels and bought one skein of floss for $0.37. I also bought two Q Snap frames- which with the rules don't count(they're actually for a quilt project).
      I did splurge and buy a cross stitch kit. It is Disney's "A New Day" by Thomas Kinkade. It is only available at Disney. This has been on my wish list for a long time. I actually had been planning to buy it last fall when I was going down for the Food and Wine Festival. I had set aside money to purchase it, but I was sick and had to cancel the trip. This time I was able to go to EPCOT for the Flower and Garden Show. When I first when in to purchase it- I was surprised to find that it cost $80.00! I gulped- but I had wanted it for so long-so I took the plunge and bought it.

So here's the tally:
Balance for Jan., Feb.,March=$75
Spent this month= $22.37
 ($0.37 for floss+$80.00 for kit -$50.00 Gift Card-$8.00 passholder discount)
Balance to carry forward: 52.63.

Projects worked on:Pretty Pumpkins-Finished!! The Quiltmaker and Christmas Spirit. I will post pictures when I have light enough to take them.

No comments:

Post a Comment